TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The thing I don't like about the other way is that
People Seeking Info

Subject The thing I don't like about the other way is that

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on November 12, 2010 at 11:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 1066 times.

In Reply To Sigh... Maybe I'm missing something here... posted by Gromit on November 12, 2010 at 05:30 PM

Message it bypasses the fusible link that was used for the injectors and moves the injector load to the fusible link for the ignition coils. My way will keep integrity of the circuit load as well as the fusible link that is supposed to be used for the injectors.

I would recommend that whoever does your switched injector voltage mod do it the way in my write-up and add a constant voltage source to ECU pin 58 after the wire to it's been cut. It will be the be the easiest way to do it and won't involve hacking up your harness nearly as bad.

As far as your concern, you may not have the problem if you have an original harness. It could be that it's just with harnesses made in later years to replace older stock. Take a look at this post (and the one under it) in the same post you linked.
[ http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/technical/view/1059819/A-Note-on-pin-58-in-certain-EFI-Harnesses.html ]

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Watch an ECZA meet caravan!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.